Bringing this century old Tudor Mansion back to life
The Packard Manor home was built in 1915 by the co-founder of Packard Motor Cars, William Packard and his wife Katherine. Located on the lake in the Chautauqua Institution on more than 1.2 acres and 180 feet of lake frontage, all of the manor's major rooms have gorgeous views of the lake and outdoor estate.
This project included a complete renovation with all new systems, interior finishes, and landscaping. Additions to the residence included Kitchen, Breakfast, Dining, Terrace, and Garage.
Location: Chautauqua, NY
Principal in Charge: Don Harrington, Architect, LEED AP
Architecture Firm: Harrington Sandberg
Structural Engineering: Siracuse Engineers, Buffalo, NY
Mechanical Engineering: Basik Karinski, Jamestown, NY
Awards: 2001 First Award Residential from Buffalo/Western New York Chapter of the American Institute of Architects
During renovations, consideration was made to adhere to the original building materials and maintain the historic style, but state-of-the-art features were incorporated including air conditioning, a generator and handicap accessibility.